ThankYouGrace

A chronicle of my (our!) amazing opportunity to move across the country & live in our favorite city.
Thank you for taking a look. I hope you enjoy my stories.




Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Arrival

After almost 6 hours on a plane together, Grace & I arrived at our destination.  She only fussed a few times & actually slept for about an hour.  All in all she was a great travel-mate.  It was well past her bedtime, but she was still in great spirits.  I think she knew we were starting an exciting adventure!


When I opened the door to the condo I practically jumped up and down.  We had only seen pictures of the condo, so I was a bit nervous about what it would actually look like.  It was WAY better than I expected.  It was big, clean, & so BEAUTIFUL!   


We live in an amazing section of the city.  There are so many restaurants, shops, and a few grocery stores all within walking distance.  There's also free public transit within our area & throughout the downtown area.  There is a park 2 blocks away that has a great water feature for kids to play in.  Another thing that's pretty cool is the dog-friendly park right outside our door.  


As I have been thinking about how lucky we are, I've also been reflecting on one of my favorite song quotes (from Switchfoot): "where's your treasure, where's your hope... If you get the world & lose your soul", which is inspired by the bible verse: "And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? Is anything worth more than your soul?" (Matthew 16:26 NLT).  I am beyond humbled & beyond grateful for the experience that we are having.  And I never want to lose sight of the blessings that have been bestowed upon us.  God is good!   






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.