I've been here for 25 days. Here are some general highlights:
I haven't driven a car. Not even once. And I don't have any plans to do so any time soon. We have been out in the car a few times (and my husband drove), but it's really not necessary to have a car, except for convenience and an occasional trip to the ocean or mountains. If we need to get somewhere we walk or take public transportation (for free!). It's so easy to get around. I can't even imagine how many miles I've walked so far. A LOT!
I haven't stayed in the house for an entire day. I've been outside every single day. There are so many things to do. A few times we've been walking down the street and "accidentally" bumped into something fun (and free!). Some of our regular stops include outdoor concerts, farmers markets, and neighborhood restaurants.
Eating is such a treat. And finding locally grown and organic food is so easy. The food here is amazing. There are tons of restaurants and markets here, too. Fast food is actually hard to come by. We've been stocking up on in-season fruit at the farmers markets and freezing them for future enjoyment. We also like to hit "happy hour" for the best bang for our buck at our favorite pubs. Thankfully we couple eating with walking, so hopefully we will not double in size while we are here!
People are everywhere. You rarely walk a block in this city without seeing someone. Since we have dogs and a baby, we meet or notice a lot of people "like us". There are tons of families and dog owners here. Each part of the city seems to attract a certain crowd, however there's still tons of diversity everywhere. Tattoos, piercings, and all hair colors pretty much go without saying.
And speaking of highlights: I really need (want) to get my hair done. Maybe next month!
Did I mention that I love it here?! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.